“This position is located in the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI), Business Services Group (BSG). As a Supervisory IT Specialist (Policy and Planning/Security), GS-2210-14, you will serve as the Deputy Director that directs the IT operations and security and privacy program in the Center.”
- Provides oversight over the help desk that provides customer service to external entities, including providers, health plans, and other industry stakeholders that participate in CMMI models.
- Maintains liaison with advocacy groups, providers, contractors, academia, state and legislative entities, professional associations, Congressional Members and subject matter experts within the healthcare industry to ensure continuous improvements.
- Keeps abreast of legislation, national health insurance developments, and technology developments in order to create appropriate IT solutions for CMMI programs.
- Develops budget narratives, cost estimates and other planning documents for implementation of initiatives that support the mission of the Division and BSG.
- Advises the Director, Center Director and Group Directors on IT operations and security strategies to support short and long term plans for improving CMS and CMMI programs.