“The Director, Business Development/ Government Sales is responsible for devising and executing the strategy for new business opportunities and customers in the Federal Government Healthcare market and driving increased revenue through new contract awards in the Federal Government Healthcare market for the Veterans Administration and/ or Defense Health Agency, and as appropriate other Federal/State Agencies.”
- Performs business development and capture activities from identification phase through close phase to develop the strategy for sales and to execute sales plans for the Veterans Administration and/or Defense Health Agency.
- Achieves assigned individual sales revenue targets for assigned Federal Agency focus areas.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key target customers in assigned agencies/ areas.
- Participates in supporting proposals, to include win strategy as well as proposal writing, and may lead response/writing for requests for information.
- Participates in tradeshow, conferences, and seminars.
- Understands customer needs and unique requirements while promoting consideration of services, solutions, and products to meet customer needs.
- Conducts teaming partner relationship building to include outreach, discussions, and presentations.
- Maintains knowledge of Cotiviti services, solutions, and products.
- Builds and maintains a pipeline of opportunities in company sales tool and provides periodic briefings and reviews of pipeline and/or specific opportunities, as well as sales forecasting.
- Works closely and collaboratively with Cotiviti’s internal organization in performing the development of new business and maintenance of existing business.
- Maintains an understanding of market drivers/trends, competitive conditions, customer needs, and emerging opportunities.
- Leads competitive recompetition/ renewal business development/ capture process for assigned accounts including the response to proposal requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public administration, technical, or related field required. Masters’ degree preferred
- 10 plus years of combined work experience in business development, sales, and/or capture management supporting either Federal Government agencies or large Commercial Health Plans.
- 5+ years of experience in the Federal Government Healthcare market required or alternate equivalent experience in Commercial Healthcare market may be considered.
- Business knowledge of and relationships with the Veterans Affairs and/or Defense Health Agency required.
- Business knowledge of and relationships with other Federal Health Agencies, including Health and Human Services and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid desired.
- Demonstrated success in closing complex business opportunities with Federal Government Agencies with values of $50M+.
- Experience in bid and proposal efforts for Federal contracts.
- Previous program delivery/ management experience desired.
- Industry knowledge and experience with an understanding of healthcare claims, adjudication, and support processes, which may include: coordination of benefits, payment accuracy/program integrity, fraud/waste/abuse, quality improvement, risk adjustment, and population health.
Read the full job description here.
Tagged: cms, hhs
This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Jackie Gilbert.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.