The VP, Government Affairs will be responsible for leading ongoing activities related to Government Affairs for the entire organization. The goal of this function is to promote the interests of the Company for the benefit of those we serve through appropriate lobbying, advocacy, and education. This role’s strategic and day-day-focus will be legislative, regulatory affairs and advocacy. This position will be based within 100 miles of Washington, DC and will report to the General Counsel, with a dotted line to the CEO and have business accountability to eHealth’s Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
- Develop and deepen relationships with key offices and agencies, including White House, HHS, CMS, U.S. House, and U.S. Senate relevant offices, agencies, leadership, and committees.
- Work collaboratively with advocacy counsel and advocacy consulting firms to develop and execute strategies that preserve and protect the ability of private online and telephonic brokers to market, sell and enroll consumers and Medicare beneficiaries into health plans, including ACA, Medicare Advantage, Part D, Medicare Supplemental, and ancillary plans.
- Represent the organization in matters before the administration and regulatory and legislative bodies.
- Coordinate the development of legislative and regulatory strategies to advocate our organization’s goals and to influence action plans.
- Work with advocacy consulting firms and legislators, policymakers, and their staff to improve and enhance the laws that enable and apply to the organization’s key products and services.
- Serve as liaison with trade associations, coalitions, and other parties that represent and impact our industry and advocate for policies that seek to protect our objectives…
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10 years+ of relevant experience in legislative and regulatory affairs and advocacy with the ability and skill to lead organizations and address the key responsibilities…