The Director of the Office of Acquisitions (OA) serves as the focal point for the management of the [Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development] NICHD and other Institutes and Centers contracts program as well as the principal technical contracts expert providing guidance and assistance to the Directors, Executive Officer, and the Director’s staff regarding contract implementation plans, policies, and operations which contribute to the accomplishment of the ICs’ goals and objectives.
As a Supervisory Contract Specialist, your duties may include:
- Performing specialized and complex contract award and contract administration work.
- Serving as a senior Contract Specialist and lead negotiator.
- Researching, interpreting, and applying the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures governing NIH acquisitions.
- Evaluating bid responsiveness, contractor responsibility and performance.
- Applying mastery knowledge of contract principles, laws, statutes, Executive Orders, regulations and procedures applicable to pre-award and/or post-award actions sufficient to procure and/or administer complex contracts for a variety of specialized equipment or services.
- Providing technical leadership, staff coordination and consultation during a contractual phase…