The Business Development Director has direct responsibility for organic account growth and participation pitching and securing new business in the Federal healthcare marketplace. The Business Development Director is charged with identifying and driving business growth and market leadership primarily within US Department of Health and Human services, and National Institutes of Health (NIH) accounts and/or opportunities.
The Business Development Director leads business development initiatives across the system and aligns closely with the Solution and Delivery teams. This includes the development of new business opportunities that are coordinated with the solution and delivery function that strengthen the market position of Technatomy offerings.
The Business Development Director has direct responsibility for the qualification of opportunities, leading capture activities as directed, developing win themes, producing proposal executive summaries, and participating in the writing of the technical volume of proposals. Proposal development will be conducted in in collaboration with organization leadership, the proposal team and other team members assigned to complete the proposals.
The Business Development Director actively supports a consulting-based business development approach including development of targeted sales strategies and market research for penetration within target agencies. The Business Development Director reviews the market position of competing offerings and organizations, and evaluates potential competitors, their marketing and sales techniques. The Business Development Director develops, coordinates, and executes sales objectives, strategies, and advertising and promotional programs to gain market share.
- Develops targeted sales strategies and market research for penetration primarily within HHS, and secondarily, other assigned federal civilian accounts and/or opportunities. Leverages existing networking with federal executives and decision makers in federal government as well as business partners with whom Technatomy can team to win new business as a prime or subcontractor.
- Responsible for organic account growth and participation in pitching and securing new business in the federal sector, comprised of Technatomy’s service offerings.
- Contributes to writing technical proposals for federal RFPs and RFIs and Sources Sought in collaboration with organization leadership and team members. Leads the development of the Executive Summary for solicitations, as directed by organizational leadership.
- Creates and enthusiastically articulates a growth strategy within assigned accounts and/or opportunities and grows a qualified pipeline that aligns to Technatomy offerings and the strategic direction of Technatomy, while demonstrating a deep understanding of the needs of the assigned federal accounts and/or opportunities…
Key Success Indicators:
This position is an individual contributor and has no supervisory responsibilities. Provides functional expertise through day-to-day work tasks and effectively collaborates with other members of the team focused on the growth of new business and sales for Technatomy. Works under the supervision of management.
- Strong Healthcare domain knowledge including information technology, Health Information Technology (HIT), Health Care Programs and policy i.e. Medicare, Medicaid, Quality, Healthcare Claims, Payer Market, Provider Market, Medicare/Medicaid fraud, waste and/or abuse, Occupational and Environmental Epidemiology, epidemiology, etc.
- Strong Market Sector Experience required with a progressively increasing scope and complexity of responsibility: CMS, NIH, FDA HHS, CDC, NCI, other federal civilian agencies.
- Successful track record of leading individual activities, achieving sales targets, consulting-based sales; time management and prioritization skills, including demonstrated meeting management abilities; financial acumen; collaboration and stakeholder engagement skills…