TISTA is seeking a creative and talented Director of Capture Management to join our Growth Team by performing strategic capture efforts that will ensure our continued growth.
- Gathers, assesses, and validates customer business and technical needs, working with consultants, business development, and operation teams
- Leads capture efforts to secure new, strategic contracts
- Supporting the development of a healthy, diverse, and sustainable sales pipeline of opportunities
- Improving capture win rate through continuous improvement of capture best practices
- Creates and presents deal review presentations intended for corporate capture gate approvals.
- Collaborating closely with other members of the corporate functional areas, including Executive, Operations, Technology, Proposals, Contracts, and Pricing teams.
- Collaborate with proposal and business development professionals on strategic opportunities; analyze customer requirements, competitors, and internal capabilities.
- Apply knowledge of proven best practices in sales and capture management processes.
- Help develop and negotiate winning teaming arrangements with potential partners, including work share allocation and marketing arrangements.
- Participate in color team proposal reviews.
- Provide accurate and timely data for weekly opportunity reviews and capture plan updates.
- Forecast opportunity targets, track, and record activity on accounts to close deals.
- Perform market, competitor and price-to-win analysis and strategies.
- Ensuring the development of solutions that offer competitive distinction and map to the needs of the client.
- 5+ years of experience leading capture efforts in support of the Federal Government or GovCon environment.
- Proven experience successfully leading or supporting the capture of Federal Government contracts preferably with Department of Veterans Affairs and/or Health and Human Services.
- Proven experience using price-to-win strategies to effectively bid new work.
- Aptitude for results-focused, milestone-based capture management process.
- Diplomatic, persuasive, and articulate communication style to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external customers/partners.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and is versed at leading a disparate group to a common goal.
- Must be a team player that proactively engages in a positive manner in all phases of the business development life-cycle.
- Proven success in the execution of all phases of capture efforts, including deal strategy development, solution development, teaming strategy and development, proposals implementation and solution marketing
- Self-motivation and flexibility to work on multiple competing priorities.
- Positive and proactive can-do attitude and approach.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Documented track record of winning new business both as a prime and subcontractor.
- Sales CRM experience a plus.
- Undergraduate degree from accredited college or university in business management or related field
- MS, MBA a plus